Architectural Project Manager – Edinburgh
Quote reference 2111_APM EDI on all applications to be valid
John McAslan + Partners, an international design-led studio with a wide and interesting portfolio of projects in areas including public realm, education, culture and transportation, are currently looking for talented and experienced Architectural Project Manager to join their Edinburgh Studio, working on a major international project.
We have a track record in developing award-winning projects across multiple sectors, and this is a particularly exciting time for the successful candidate to be exposed to high-profile projects that are at a range of stages in the design and delivery cycle.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and organisational skills architecturally qualified with experience in a project management / coordination role, preferable with experience of running complex projects and coordinating multidisciplinary consultant information.
To be considered you will need to have demonstrable experience and a logical/systematic approach to the management of information within an international multi-disciplinary team.
Technical skills / Qualifications needed:
- Proven experience in a project management role, preferable within the field of architecture, construction, or engineering of a multi-disciplinary team
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within construction
- Comfortable reading and understanding drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Specification writing, NBS or equivalent
- An advanced understanding of electronic document management systems (Aconex, Conject or 4projects)
- Experience with MS Office and MS Projects
- Industry-specific technical knowledge, including understanding of industry terms, policies and processes
- Ensure a logical, systematic approach to the management of information within the project team
- Determine and define scope of work and deliverables
- Predict resources needed to complete project
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites
- Draft and submit budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Manage costs to meet budget
- Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts
- Manage construction schedule and activities
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes
- Select and manage subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors
We consider our people to be our greatest asset. JMP place great emphasis on attracting, retaining and developing the best talent and exploring design together. We place value on the quality of everyone’s ideas and the contribution our team make to our open and collaborative culture. We encourage innovation and creativity to enable exceptional design outcomes.
John McAslan + Partners is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds and would particularly welcome applicants from currently under-represented groups, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQIA+.
How to apply:
If you think this could be the opportunity for you, we look forward to receiving your CV, a concise sample of your most exciting work (maximum file size of 5MB), and confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK (without restriction).
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 2111_APM_EDI in the subject line.
If you require alternative application route or reasonable adjustments to attend an interview (virtually or in person) we would be happy to help.
Due to the high level of response anticipated, we may not be able to respond to every application received but thank you for your interest in the role and working for John McAslan + Partners.
Closing date: 18 December 2021
No agencies please
Proof of your eligibility to work in the UK (without restriction) will be required.