Document Controller – Edinburgh
Quote reference 2111_DC EDI on all applications to be valid
John McAslan + Partners, an international design-led studio with a wide and interesting portfolio of projects in areas including public realm, education, culture and transportation, are currently looking for talented and experienced Document Controller to join their Edinburgh Studio, working on a major international project.
We have a track record in developing award-winning projects across multiple sectors, and this is a particularly exciting time for the successful candidate to be exposed to high-profile projects that are at a range of stages in the design and delivery cycle.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and organisational skills with proven experience in a document controller role, preferable within the field of architecture, construction, or engineering.
To be considered you will need to have demonstrable experience and an advanced understanding of electronic document management systems (Aconex, Conject or 4projects) and MS Office and MS Projects.
Technical skills / Qualifications needed:
- Proven experience in a document controller role, preferable within the field of architecture, construction or engineering
- An advanced understanding of electronic document management systems (Aconex, Conject or 4projects)
- Experience with MS Office and MS Projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Clear and efficient numbering and labelling skills
- Typing accuracy and efficiency
- Attention to detail to ensure documents are accurate and made to specifications
- Filing and organisation skills for document storage
- Industry-specific technical knowledge, including understanding of industry terms, policies and processes
- Ensure a logical, systematic approach to the management of information within the project team
- Manage and maintain all incoming and outgoing drawings and technical documents issued
- Facilitate submission documentation transfer between external and internal server portals
- Save all incoming and outgoing drawing and document files in accordance with the filing structure and systems
- Prepare Drawing Issue Sheets for all formal issuing of drawings and technical documents, and ensure all documentation is correctly submitted
- Prepare Returned Drawing Submittal Sheets for all consultant and sub-contractor drawings returned with comments and mark-up.
- Chase responses to documents issued where required internally and externally
- Logging all outgoing drawings and technical documents
- Assist project teams by monitoring project workflows, anticipating busy periods and deadlines, collating drawings, and technical documents
- Assist project teams by printing/scanning/stamping/distributing drawings and technical documents to internal and external recipients in electronic and paper form
- Binding of presentation materials
- Update project contacts
- Administer requests for information
- Establish and maintain computer-based document filing systems
- Conduct periodic archiving
- Remain up to date with all company policies and procedures, industry legislation and guidance applicable to your subject field
- Light project management tasks including programme changes through Microsoft Projects software
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time
We consider our people to be our greatest asset. JMP place great emphasis on attracting, retaining and developing the best talent and exploring design together. We place value on the quality of everyone’s ideas and the contribution our team make to our open and collaborative culture. We encourage innovation and creativity to enable exceptional design outcomes.
John McAslan + Partners is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone in our team has the opportunity to thrive and excel. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds and would particularly welcome applicants from currently under-represented groups, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQIA+.
How to apply:
If you think this could be the opportunity for you, we look forward to receiving your CV, a concise sample of your most exciting work (maximum file size of 5MB), and confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK (without restriction).
Please email your application to email@example.com quoting 2111_DC_EDI in the subject line.
If you require alternative application route or reasonable adjustments to attend an interview (virtually or in person) we would be happy to help.
Due to the high level of response anticipated, we may not be able to respond to every application received but thank you for your interest in the role and working for John McAslan + Partners.
Closing date: 18 December 2021
No agencies please
Proof of your eligibility to work in the UK (without restriction) will be required.